Have you ever wanted to experience White Oak from a different point of view? Sure, the trolleys and vans are a nice way to get around here, but what about by horseback? We’ll pack our saddlebags and you can enjoy exploring White Oak mounted on one of our seasoned guest horses.
Spend a few hours with our experienced guides as you ride through manicured trails, as well as pass by a number of endangered and threatened species. After your ride, enjoy lunch at one of our guest lodges, then finish your visit by getting up close and personal with one of our exotic species.
Schedule: Any day of the week (must schedule 5 days in advance)
Length of Experience: Approximately 4 hours
Cost: $225 per person, 2 riders – $400
Includes: Horseback ride, basket lunch, animal experience (to be determined the day of) and digital copies of photos taken by the staff.
Call 904 225 3396 Mon – Fri 8:00 am-4:00 pm, to book your experience today!
Requirements: Due to the risks of horseback riding, there are certain requirements set to help ensure a safer ride;
- Participants must sign a liability waiver to participate in this experience.
- All riders are required to wear helmets.
- Four guest maximum per ride.
- This is a walk-only ride.
- Closed toed shoes must be worn; long pants are recommended.
- For the safety of our animals, staff, and guests, White Oak reserves the right to end the experience if participants do not follow instructions or guidelines.
- When booking your experience, please inform us of any physical limitations you might have so we can plan to accommodate.
Things to know before your visit:
White Oak is a functioning conservation facility devoted to the care and preservation of imperiled species. Thus, we cannot guarantee access or interactions with any specific species during tours or events.
Timing and Weather
Times and days of these tours and events are subject to change. Northeast Florida experiences abrupt changes in weather, especially during the summer months. We make every effort to reschedule experiences prior to predicted inclement weather, but we cannot offer refunds for experiences truncated or otherwise affected by the weather.
What to Bring
All experiences occur outside across our over 17,000 acres of upland forests and wetlands. Appropriate outdoor clothing, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a refillable water bottle are recommended for all experiences. Photo opportunities abound, so be sure and bring your camera.